Ayurveda and yoga. Training for Kapha.
Very often people asking me questions about the difference in building practices for a particular predominant doshas in the body, as well as asked to recommend a set of specific exercises for each particular case. Well, let’s not pigeonhole and start with predecesora guidance for building practices for the prevailing Kapha dosha.
So, what we need to remember, making a universal complex for Kapha dosha? Well, first, what is universal for all does not happen. Despite the relatively equal performance in the test for definition of Prakriti, every person “involved” in its Constitution is unique, therefore the following set of exercises must be comprehended and passed through the prism of their own perception of the practitioner. It will not hurt as regular consultation with a yoga therapist is also deeply working with the theme of Ayurveda.
Well, first remember that the “weak point” of the body Kapha type is a low level of metabolic processes, the tendency to fluid retention and accumulation of slime environments of the intestine, nasopharynx, visceral fat. Plus laziness, quick Stavelot trend to low mobility. Techniques of yoga therapy in this case build program with emphasis on:
— increased General mobility of the body (good numerous practice Yoga Sukshma-Vyayama and exercises such as charging);
— increase local mobility from the periphery to the centre” (see vyayama and practice of joint and tendon gymnastics);
— increasing the so-called internal mobility of the body: improving blood flow and lymph flow, increased peristalsis of stomach and intestines, progressive control of respiratory volume and forming a shared rhythm of the body. A similar effect is reached when performing specialized practices and exercises of yoga. Give a few as examples and support in the preparation personally programs for Kapha-type.
Based on its teaching and practical experience, I can tell. that mandatory inclusion in the program should be intensive (i.e., increases metabolic processes) Vinyasa with a focus on the centre of the body. The selection may be decent, but let’s focus on the version of Vinyasa with Chaturanga Dandasana. Known to all, not a favourite of Kapha (and not only) as can be good asana activates the cardiovascular and respiratory systems, causing the body to expend energy (which is extremely important for holding Kapha). In addition, in this Vinyasa also observed the principle “from the periphery to the centre” that allows you to adjust the increasing the blood flow and thus increase the cleansing effect.
Attention! Regardless of your level of fitness is necessary to make a preliminary warm-up and prepare your body for intense practice.
1. Start with variations of Plank pose to test the capabilities of his own body. Try to hold the position for several breathing cycles.
2. Try to add dynamic movement alternately on each leg, try to reach the knee to the elbow. Repeat 5-8 times on each side.
3. Next, try a variant of Chaturanga Dandasana. Lower your body down one level, hold the position. In this position add alternate knees to elbow, trying to get a knee on the shoulder (the area just above the elbow). Repeat possibly 5-8 times on each side.
4. Use inverted position (as, for example, Halasana in this case) and compensatory stretching the tired core muscles, and increase blood and lymph flow from the periphery to the centre. Increased pressure to liquid body wash mucus and toxins.
5. To consolidate and enhance the removal of fluid and waste from the visceral areas of the body will help deep twisting. Use available your body options, remember that the twisting is extremely important to maintain regular breathing and monitor pulse rate, and also to prevent compression of the intervertebral space for just blowing. For Kapha, it is recommended to hold each curl for a few breathing cycles, and to repeat the series of twists for 4-6 repetitions.
6. To complete the personal complex of the exercises I recommend in a standing position. Savasana on Cap, alas, often acts negatively (here I mean not the harmonizing effect achieved with proper execution and a high degree of fitness in Savasana, but rather a lying position, slowing the metabolism and putting the body into a state of some stagnation).
Use balance poses, mixing them with twists. Benefits Kapha — double! And the work of stabilizing muscles and large muscles of the body (which is extremely important for this type of Doshas), and the continuation and intensification of the cleaning process with increased metabolic reactions. Try!
Progressing in practice? Great! Then let’s move on.
Don’t be afraid to load your body. Kapha loves high physical load and will thank you with results and good mood after the training!
Use this complex as a base for functional training sequence, working with “weak” places of Kapha dosha and balancing this energy in the body. Do daily two or three times a day, developing regularity and defeating laziness. Watch the changes in mind and body, bring in new work, and nurture respect for the unique composition of his own body.